Posted On April 1, 2020
I find decluttering my house satisfying. Do you?
Maybe it causes you anxiety and you have no idea where to start.
How about we talk about a checklist to get you started!
The keypoint in removing clutter is start and finish in the same room & then move on to the next room. Starting in several different rooms will have you losing your mind.
Clutter free home for 2020
Start in your Kitchen/Dining Room
Clean your Fridge/Freezer-
- Throw away old and expired food/items
- Wipe off shelves in fridge
- Organize shelves to how you like
Clean out your pantry-
- Throw away any old or expired items/food
- Wife off Shelves
- Organize by foods/spices/etc
- Donate any small kitchen items you haven’t used in years
Clean out cupboards-
- Tupperware- if you don’t have matching lids or containers throw them out
- Pots/pans- donate anything you don’t use
- Dish towels/pot holders- fold and organize
- Kids items
- Coffee Mugs/Tumblers/water bottles- don’t use them, donate them
- Each cupboard should be organize with the same or like items
Organize and toss anything that you don’t use, Donate items if available
Make sure to finish before you move to your next room
- Go through DVDs/CDs, Books, Magazines- toss/donate anything you don’t use or no need for
- Decorations making it feel cluttered- donate what doesn’t bring you joy
- Desk- Organize and simplify your desk- get rid of clutter
- Shelves/Closets- Go through everything- organize and then get rid of stuff you don’t need
- Wipe down desk/shelves/drawers
- Go through all drawers and organize/throw away anything that’s expired or you don’t use (make up, toilette’s, towels, medicines)
- Wipe down drawers
- Go through all drawers, shelves, closets with clothes- donate or sell the ones that don’t fit or you don’t like
- Shoes- organize and donate ones that you don’t wear or fit anymore
- Go through toys and donate the ones that they don’t play with anymore
- Wipe down toys and organize them by their theme
- Books- go through and donate ones that aren’t used
- Throw away stuff you don’t use or have a need for
- Organize holiday stuff by holiday and put in bins/tubs
- If it doesn’t bring joy or have any value to you, then donate
Your house may very slightly so I always suggest you organize based on your home.
I hope this helps make you feel a bit less stressed moving into the Spring Season!